Sunday, 31 July 2011

Hearing Aid Found

A hearing aid has been found on the slope down to the beach: 'Oticon Spirit Zest' It has been handed in to The Cabin.

Saturday, 30 July 2011

Is anyone aware of any late availablity cottages

Jeanette Steele, a regular visitor to Perranuthnoe is looking for somewhere to stay in or close to Perranuthnoe in August, here's the details:

"HELP....... Still looking to stay in Perranuthnoe with my family either 6th/7th august for a week. 4 adults (3 bedroom) cottage. Any other places along coast would be considered too.(Mousehole,Marazion,St Ives)"

If anyone has somewhere or is aware of anywhere to stay please let me know on 01736 710565 or leave a comment below or on the original post on the Perranuthnoe Facebook page.

Monday, 25 July 2011

Could anyone use some vegetable plants?

I have lots of small vegetable plants going to waste....Could anyone use red cabbage, savoy cabbage, purple sprouting, celariac or bulb fennel seedlings? if so, give me a buzz on 07812653348.



Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Rotary Ramble - Church Room

Further Church Room improvements

Users of the Church Room appear delighted following its internal upgrade/refurbishment.

The recent community consultation evening suggested that further improvements, particularly to the exterior of the building would be welcomed.

In order to assist the funding of such projects we have been invited to take part in the forthcoming Rotary Ramble on Sunday Sept 25th. If you would like a sponsor form and help raise money for the Church Room Fund & Rotary's chosen charities please call Michael on 710364.

75% of the money you raise will be for the Church Room Fund, the remaining 25% will go towards Rotary's chosen Charities which this year include SCOPE, NSPCC and ShelterBox.

Monday, 18 July 2011

Christmas Card Competition

In March 2011 a competition was launched to find a photograph of Perranuthnoe village and its Church in winter with an aim to create a Christmas card that will be sold in aid of church funds. A cash prize of £50 was offered to the winner.

On 31st May the competition closed and all entries were judged by local professional photographer, David Chapman.

This winning photograph entitled: After The Snow by Chas Gooding fulfilled the criteria and a mounted copy of the print is on display in the Church Room.

Copies of the Christmas card will be on sale soon. In the meantime, if you would like a limited edition copy of the mounted print, price £25 each, please put your details on the list at the back of the Church or alternatively contact Martin Holland on 01736 710820 and he will make the necessary arrangements. All profits will go towards a Church Room project. Closing date for orders will be 31st October 2011. There will be only 50 of these available so please hurry!

Thursday, 7 July 2011

Desperately Needed

Marazion School Summer Fete is this Friday and I am desperately in need of old crockery for the crockery smash stall and old hats, especially adult sizes to decorate.

If anyone can help please give me a ring on 01736 710907 I am happy to collect.

Many thanks